Here is the recipe for the smoky tartar sauce as promised. It pairs great with meat and vegetables, and is wonderful as a dip. You can just pulse everything in a food processor or mix by hand. Remember to refrigerate sauce for a couple of hours before serving.
- 4 small dill pickles
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon okonomiyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup Japanese mayonnaise (can substitute with 1/3 cup mayonnaise)
- Finely chop dill pickles
- mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Note: you can pulse all the ingredients in a food processor a couple of times or until the dill pickles are finely chopped.