I accidentally deleted my old posts about two weeks ago and just last week somebody asked me for the 'Spicy Shabu Shabu Broth' recipe. Reading that brought me great joy to my heart because I thought I was the only person who read my blog. So this recipe is dedicated to you fellow awesome stranger!
- 4 cups water
- 1 piece kombu kelp (optional)
- 1 tablespoon beef flavored dashi (beef flavored consommé)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (fermented soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons gochujjang (red pepper paste)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Simmer kombu in medium-low fire for 10 minutes.
- Remove kombu and when water begins boiling.
- Ladle some broth to a bowl with miso and gochujjang paste and dissolve it.
- Pour in diluted miso and gochujjang paste into the pot of broth and let boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add beef dashi and boil for 2 minutes. Season with white pepper and salt to taste.
Here are some ingredients I used in my shabu shabu, I also added some vermicelli and Korean rice cakes. Not tooting my own horn but it was FREAKIN' DELICIOUS!