Oh have I ever mention that I live in Southern California? And when I say Southern California, I literally mean the bottom end of the state. Spending summer time here is excruciating. Right now it is 109°F or 43°C outside, so if my AC were to break down I'd go berserk (if I had the energy) or make myself this awesome shake.
Makes around 2 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 small banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark chocolate powder
- 4 chocolate mint leaves (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- honey to taste
note: I used soymilk on my shake but feel free to substitute it with any type of milk or juice you like.
- In a blender combine soymilk, frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, dark chocolate powder, chocolate mint leaves, spinach, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- If consistency is too runny, add more frozen strawberries.