Sunday, June 2, 2013

Breakfast: Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Here is another soy-shake recipe I've been enjoying lately. It taste similar to chocolate cake with strawberry jam but in liquid form. Sounds gross huh? No worries, I assure you that you'll love it. This can be served as dessert, breakfast, or as a healthy-treat-alternative. Seriously, ditch those frozen high fructose corn syrup sticks and make yourself this delicious treat!

Oh have I ever mention that I live in Southern California? And when I say Southern California, I literally mean the bottom end of the state. Spending summer time here is excruciating. Right now it is 109°F or 43°C outside, so if my AC were to break down I'd go berserk (if I had the energy) or make myself this awesome shake. 






Makes around 2 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup fresh spinach
  • 2/3 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 small banana, frozen
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dark chocolate powder
  • 4 chocolate mint leaves (optional)
  • 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
  • honey to taste
note: I used soymilk on my shake but feel free to substitute it with any type of milk or juice you like.

Directions:
  • In a blender combine soymilk, frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, dark chocolate powder, chocolate mint leaves, spinach, and honey. Blend until smooth.
  • If consistency is too runny, add more frozen strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment