Monday, May 13, 2013

Pizza Dough with Rosemary

How do you guys celebrate Mother's Day? Here in my home I usually cook up something my mom requested (more like baking this time). So this year I asked my mom what she wanted to eat and she simply replied, "Pizza, make me pizza." Right on! 

I used a stand mixer to knead the dough but if you don't have one, I suggest you to knead the dough in a large bowl because the dough is extremely sticky and messy. For the topping, I added button mushrooms, pepperoni, onion, spinach, tomato, pepper jack cheese, green bell pepper, and sun dried tomatoes: basically I chopped and sprinkled on anything I found in the fridge. 

Happy belated Mother's Day to you all beautiful moms out there!





Makes one ~17''x12'' pizza

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 cups bread flour. Sifted. (more for dusting)
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons fresh minced rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • cornmeal

Directions:
  • In your electric mixer, activate yeast by diluting salt and sugar in warm water and sprinkle on yeast on top. Let sit for more than 5 minutes.
  • Attach dough hook and sift in 3 1/2 cups of flour. Turn on electric mixer to medium speed.
  • While mixing, drizzle in olive oil and add rosemary and garlic powder.
  • Continue mixing until the dough is smooth and wet or around 10 minutes.
  • Scoop out the dough in a large oiled bowl and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour. 
Note: I do not own a pizza stone so I just use a baking pan to bake my pizza in
  • In a large baking pan that's been generously sprinkled with cornmeal, transfer the dough and using your fingers gently spread the dough to shape.
  • Cover the pizza with a moist towel and let sit for 20 minutes. In the meantime preheat oven to 420°F
  • Remove the towel and add toppings of your choice and brush the edges with olive oil.
  • Place pan in the heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edge is golden brown. Broil on low for 1 minute (Be sure to keep an eye on the pizza!) and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment