I made another green tea sponge cake last week and had a lot of leftover green tea whipped cream. I didn't want the whipped cream go to waste so the next morning I made myself a refreshing and filling breakfast; strawberry-banana smoothie with fresh pineapple chunks and topped with green tea whipped cream. Yes this is quite a fattening breakfast so make this occasionally. If you aren't a fan of whipped cream *gasp* you can substitute it with flavored yogurt.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 cubes of ice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup matcha whip cream or more(recipe)
- Blend frozen strawberries, soy milk, ice cubes, and banana until smooth.
- Fill half-way with diced pineapple and fill the top with strawberry-banana smoothie. Scoop desire amount of matcha whip cream and garnish with a couple of pineapple pieces and matcha powder.
- Enjoy it cold!